This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

This past semester I had a bunch of classes.  One of my favorites was monday night Spring Break class. I normally gave myself eight to ten minutes to walk over to the chapel from my cozy spot in the library. Sometimes it was snowing and I would blow my way through the falling flakes. Other times it was raining and I would splash through the puddles that gathered on the sidewalk.

Spring Break class prepared my team for a mission trip to El Salvador. Each class held something new and exciting. Sometimes we would share testimonies, other times we would share different cultural things we had learned about El Salvador. Outside of class we had to prepare bible lessons and songs for Vacation Bible School. I was assigned to the Bible Lessons group. There were four of us and we had to organize five Bible lessons to present to the kids along with a memory verse.

Normally it was near the end of a long day that we would come together and mold our ideas into a lesson for the kids.  Because they spoke spanish and we didn't, our plan was to act out the lessons in skits.  Practicing was really comical.  We would read the story and try our best to act it out. But like any other form of presentation, the more we practiced the better we became.  I tried my best to focus on what lesson we were trying to get across.  Jesus feeding the five thousand teaches us that he is our provider.

While rehearsing the skit I pictured a field of grass that dipped and rolled. I imagined five thousand people all wanting to hear the words of Jesus. Hours of walking made them hungry and tired. But Jesus provided food for all of them through the small lunch of a child. What a great story this would be for the kids in El Salvador. I couldn't wait to see their faces and to hand out swedish fish for them to eat. I had no idea what God had in store for me on this mission adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment