One hot summer morning I decided to go to work with my Dad. His occupation is Video production and he owns his own business. He has a pretty nice studio downtown Indianapolis in an old building that once was a car factory. The hallways are wide enough for a car to drive down and they have enormous elevators. When we got there, Dad set to work and I pulled out my heavy laptop. I was working on one of my stories when my hand started throbbing from my tendinitis; too much typing. I slammed my computer shut and wandered around his studio 'till I came across his latest script: Cromagnonboy. "This should keep me busy for a while," I said to myself. As I began to read, I lost myself in this brilliant story. What the Heck? Did my Dad really write this? I thought, stealing a glance at his desk.The story addresses the issue of Evolution Vs. Intelligent design, but the issue is entwined with the life of a mennonite farm boy who has a love for science and nature. When his Mom develops cancer the boy is thrown into public school where he faces bullying and ideas that contradict his beliefs. I finished the script in a few days and I'm so excited for next summer when they film it. I have to admit, being on one of my Dad's film sets is not my favorite place in the world. There is a lot of stress and heated discussion along with late nights and painfully early mornings. But when a written story comes to life it's like a symphony played by a grand orchestra. So look for my Dad's next movie, Cromagnonboy and get excited, because it's going to blow you away.
For a better synopsis go to http://kingdompictures.com/page13/page15/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment