This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Light to the Lost

I've been thinking a lot about light, and sharing the gospel.  Light is the sun, the reflecting moon, and the fireflies on a warm summer night.  Darkness is the absence of light, and darkness is a lonely place. Sometimes the burden to share the gospel hangs over me like a heavy blanket.  I am distressed that unbelievers have no salvation and I so wish for them to know Christ.  Yet I am afraid.  How will they respond?  What will they think of me?  My pride gets in the way. But then I remember the light that burns inside of me.

 It's not up to me to save the lost and bring them back to the Father.  I am just a tool in my Creator's hand.  He will guide me like a stick leads the blind.  He will help me as a mother deer guides her young across a slippery river. It's exciting when you think of the hope you can give to others. There is life and purpose beyond this world.  There is a life after death if you give yourself to Christ. But at the same time sharing the gospel is scary. What if I don't explain it right? What if they start asking hard questions? Nonetheless it is my call and purpose in life, to glorify God and enjoy him forever.  What better way to glorify him than to share the gospel.

 God has comforted me lately with prophetic words from Isaiah.  "I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth" Isaiah 49:6.  He puts the light in us. In Matthew He says,"You are the light of the world, a city set on a hill can not be hidden, neither do men light a candle under a bushel but on a candle stick and it gives light to all that are in the house" Matthew 5:14.  We as Christians must spread the good news. Not as a chore and not out of fear.  But as a joy, as joyful servants serving the most high. "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." I want to be a candle in a dark room burning steadily for all to see.  I want to shine brighter than the sun, not for my own glory, but that others may see He put the light in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment