Some people wake up in the morning and say this is going to be the best day of my life. I wanna look back on each unpromised day and say, this was the best day of my life.
This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.
Monday, June 11, 2012
A Day At The Bakery
Not everyone finds the odorous scent of honey whole wheat bread greeting them at the door of their work. Its not only the smell of freshly cooked bread that greets me each morning, but also the nods and smiles of my coworkers. I love working at Great Harvest Bread Company. Im not a baker, but I do pretty much everything else. My mornings fly away with slicing, bagging, tagging, and helping costumers. My bread slicer sounds like a 1916 biplane. It rattles like an old engine, vibrates like a giant cellphone and adds just another noise to the morning chaos. My coworkers always heave a sigh of relief when I'm done slicing a batch of bread. Slicing bread is only a fraction of my day's work. Today found me wiping tables, sweeping and mopping floors, and of course, doing the dreaded dishes. I pass by the back sinks on my way to dump out the coffee pots. I breath a sigh as I see the mountain of dishes waiting for me. Sometimes I think they're mocking me. They pile up so high that if I go to take one down to wash it, the rest slide like children on a snowy hill into the hot soppy water. I must admit one of the best parts of the day is clocking out. I slip a soft chocolate chip cookies into my bag and slip out of the bakery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment