What I love most about being here at Taylor is the huge amount of support and encouragement I receive everyday. A day doesn't pass without someone offering to help me with homework or asking for prayer requests. The community is so tightly knit and everyone so kind and generous. It's a struggle to switch majors halfway through the semester. By then It's too late to drop classes. In some ways I feel like I've boarded the wrong plane headed towards somewhere I don't want to be. My fellow passengers know exactly where they're going with supplies and appropriate baggage. I am resolved to constantly remind myself that God is in control. I ignore the odd expressions when I explain my change of majors. I study and do labs in the Science complex all the while knowing it's only for a semester. Though my connecting flight will take me in the opposite direction, I am so glad to be at Taylor. Studying Science or Studying Professional Writing, I can see the hand of God on this campus. It moves people to tears in chapel. It stirs laughter and good fellowship in the Dining Commons. The semester is half over, yet my time here seems but a few weeks. When I measure my spiritual growth I realize how far I have come. God is good in all things. Every good and perfect thing comes from him. And even in my darkest hour, He is always there. The days of turbulence are difficult but scarce. In God's hands I feel like I'm sky sailing.
Some people wake up in the morning and say this is going to be the best day of my life. I wanna look back on each unpromised day and say, this was the best day of my life.
This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Boarding the Right Plane
What I love most about being here at Taylor is the huge amount of support and encouragement I receive everyday. A day doesn't pass without someone offering to help me with homework or asking for prayer requests. The community is so tightly knit and everyone so kind and generous. It's a struggle to switch majors halfway through the semester. By then It's too late to drop classes. In some ways I feel like I've boarded the wrong plane headed towards somewhere I don't want to be. My fellow passengers know exactly where they're going with supplies and appropriate baggage. I am resolved to constantly remind myself that God is in control. I ignore the odd expressions when I explain my change of majors. I study and do labs in the Science complex all the while knowing it's only for a semester. Though my connecting flight will take me in the opposite direction, I am so glad to be at Taylor. Studying Science or Studying Professional Writing, I can see the hand of God on this campus. It moves people to tears in chapel. It stirs laughter and good fellowship in the Dining Commons. The semester is half over, yet my time here seems but a few weeks. When I measure my spiritual growth I realize how far I have come. God is good in all things. Every good and perfect thing comes from him. And even in my darkest hour, He is always there. The days of turbulence are difficult but scarce. In God's hands I feel like I'm sky sailing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment