This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Carpenter's Hands

After a week of 8 a.m. classes I couldn't sleep in even if I wanted to. My eyes shot opened at 7:55 this Saturday morning just as golden sunbeams were dancing on my closet door.

But today was really spectacular. A few hours after waking up I found myself in the Olson Hall parking lot helping Carpenter's Hands ministry build a house. Over a hundred volunteers showed up and after dividing into groups, we were swinging hammers in no time.

Each group had instructions to build one wall. In four hours my team built three! Last time I used a hammer and nails I was thirteen years old building a clubhouse with my brothers and sisters. But I soon remembered how difficult it is to nail it on the first try.
We finished over sixty walls total and next week the walls will go up for the family who will live in the house. Serving is truly rewarding.

a pile of finished walls and powerful blue sky

my team on our last wall


No comments:

Post a Comment