Chapel this morning was one of the best we've had in a long time. Householder from the English department used the analogy of his children to explain how God cares for us.
He said his two-year-old daughter, Olivia, is afraid of trains. In the dark of her bedroom she hears the howling train through the cold window panes. Putting his baby to bed is his favorite time with her. She melts into his shoulder. Her body relaxes and she feels safe with her daddy. When she hears the train off in the distance,slipping through the silent night, her body stiffens with fear. But he holds her tight, caressing her head and gently stroking her hair.
It was a beautiful picture of God holding me in life. It made me realize that I can surrender my uncertainty to him. But it also reminded me that God's love is not based on what I do. He loves me because I am his little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment