This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

J-term

Today was a good day.  Flakes of snow fell like glitter on a sheet of glass.  It glistened in the sunshine sparkling like pixy dust.  Like salt on a fried egg, it slowly drifted down all around me.  It landed in my hair and on my eye lashes. It stuck to my coat and melted on my tongue.

 But J-term is more that snow and ice. It is two hours of class a day, and endless hours of free time.  But not free time to sit on facebook or tweet about what I'm eating for lunch.  This term I've been very productive. My absolute favorite thing to do is practice violin.

 Down the empty halls of the music building I tread.  The music building isn't half as crowded as it usually is.  I can choose which ever practice room I want.  After a while of practice I cant resist the temptation to venture into the recital.  It is normally dark outside by then and the empty recital hall is even darker.  I stumble down the wide carpeted isle. In the light it is a bright red but in the dark I can't even see my feet.

 The light switch is back stage. In hopes that I wont' knock my violin into anything, I feel my way up the stairs and flip the switch.  A dim light comes from the stage and brightens as I step out from back stage. My footsteps echo as I climb the stairs onto the stage.  My audience is before me waiting...just waiting.  Music is a language anyone can understand.  Unfortunately it's not as easy to speak.  I want my music to be a story one only I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment