This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Bethany Hamilton


Lately every time I open my Facebook there is a picture of Bethany Hamilton: surfing, skydiving, snowboarding and all things awesome.  After I watched the movie Soul Surfer I started following her fan page. She is one of my biggest heroes especially now that I'm struggling with an injury. When I stopped playing violin to let my hand heal, she was someone who always came to mind. "Well," I told myself, "at least I didn't lose my arm." If she overcame this injury of losing her arm, surely I can overcome a small injury in my hand.


I love watching her videos and seeing her pictures.  She made possible what others deemed impossible. Not only that, she is also a professional surfer. I recently learned that this summer she teamed with Tampax Pearl Active encouraging girls to be active all summer long.  Her challenge is for them to capture an image of them being active. While she promotes healthy living, Bethany is also getting married this summer. Ten years since she lost her arm and look where she is now: surfing professionally, inspiring people worldwide, encouraging  healthy living, and now getting married. I love Bethany Hamilton and the work that God has done through her. Everyone should check out her website and her YouTube videos. Learning how to surf, officially on my bucket list:)
http://bethanyhamilton.com/2013/08/interview-faith-fitness-and-finding-love/

No comments:

Post a Comment