I had a great violin lesson today. My teacher gave me the Mendelson violin concerto to work on this summer. It's passionate, it's beautiful, it's perfectly written for violin. My lesson right before work forced my to bring my violin to the bakery. I didn't mind at all, it gave me a chance to play something for my coworkers. Performance is the best part about playing an instrument. Music danced through the dusty, floury bakery air. I turned the heads of every costumer and every coworker. The sound of music is almost as powerful as the scent of freshly baked cookies. The acoustics in the bakery dining room were kind to me. They hid all my trip ups and mistakes with their echoey vibrance.
There's never a dull moment at Great Harvest. Today somebody claimed they gave me their money and I had lost it. I'd never seen the lady in my life nor the money. My coworker, January, and I both searched around in a panic until the lady found it herself. The excitement wasn't over yet. Her two $20 bills had fallen between the register counter and the cold soda vender. "Drat!" I thought inside. There's no way I am fishing those bills out of there. Luckily Sallymae professionally yanked the vender out and returned the money to its rightful owner. We also had to toss some 36 loaves in the trash today. One of our bakers forgot to add salt.

No comments:
Post a Comment