This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salmonella Poinsoning, Fact or Fiction?

Eating a warm freshly baked cookie is delicious. But eating cookie dough is even more so. We all grew up eating cookie dough while baking. Aside from enjoying the sweet batter, tasting it was part of the baking process. You add a little flour to a creamy batter and taste it. With my chocolate chip cookies, I taste it to know if they're ready to go in. But research shows that eating cookie batter has high risk of internal infection. Everyone has heard this statement at one point, and since I've never gotten sick, I thought it was just parents trying to kill the fun. Salmonella poisoning is the most popular infection. But what exactly does that mean? Salmonella can get into raw cookie dough because it can contaminate the eggs used to make the dough. It's a bacteria that can cause atrocious symptoms like vomiting, nausea, cramps, fever, diarrhea and headache.  About 142,000 (reported) Americans are infected each year with Salmonella poisoning from chicken eggs, and about 30 die. Should this scare you? Maybe so. But living in fear of catching some disease all the time is no way to live life. If doctors say don't eat it, we may say, then why do you put it in ice cream? Anyway it's not just the raw eggs that carry this infection. A friend of mine said her mom got Salmonella from eating unwashed lettuce! Other reports say uncooked flour may give you infection! Take precautions, do some research, think twice before you take another spoon of cookie dough. But don't live in fear of bacteria contaminating your body. Remember the one who's in control of all the molecules and atoms that make up this world. http://melissaraydavis.hubpages.com/hub/Eggless-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Recipe-VeganDough-Recipe-Vegan Check out this recipe I found! ^

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/danger-of-eating-raw-cookie-dough-can-result-in-e-coli

No comments:

Post a Comment