Home Again
With a rapid change of plans my brother told me he found a ride home for us yesterday for 11:00 a.m. Seeing that my classes get out at 3:00 I realized I may have to skip a few. I sat squashed between my suitcase and my brother in the back seat, as the car sped down the interstate.
Walking through the front door was just as it always is. Mom's the first one to greet us, smiling and hugging before I have time to set down my stuff. My little elf of a sister squeals excitedly from upstairs then pokes her head around the corner with a dangling front tooth.
"Livy what happened to your face?" I say with a smile as I dart to the bathroom. She laughs and runs to her room.
Dinner is home-baked, whole-wheat pizza, and before we get the dishes cleared we're out the door to see one of the home school theater productions.

The frying pan was sizzling in our glowing kitchen when I woke up this morning. My Mom was frying eggs while Olivia was slurping down a bowl of cereal. Today will be long seeing that I need to be at the train station by 11:30 p.m. I'm excited and nervous for NYC.
No comments:
Post a Comment