This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Naturally Inspired

The past couple of days I was on vacation. Seeing nature at its fullest allowed me to see its power. The beauty of nature is inspiring. When I look at nature, I want to be more creative with my baking, such as using more colors or shooting for perfection.  With baking there is always room for improvement.

  Some of the things I saw were rushing rivers and bubbling waterfalls. Bog River Falls is a popular swimming area in Tupper Lake New York.  The rushing water and smooth rocks create a perfect natural water slide.  It's scary at first plunging your body down in the cold water and scooting towards the falls.  Before you know the water has swept you down stream and all you can do is plug your nose.  The water is loud as it gurgles around you.  This year the falls was a bit more shallow due to the lack of rain.  Normally after gliding over the smooth rocks, you surge down into the water and it covers your head.

 Up in the mountains there are huge boulders everywhere.  The beautiful thing about them is the lush green moss that adorns them.  It is moist and soft and also slippery.  The boulders are tempting to climb, but the danger of slipping on my way down kept me from being too adventuress. I did climb a mountain though.  It was only a mile up, but the peak held a perfect view of the Adirondack mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment