I sliced my finger yesterday at work. Luckily the bakery was empty and no one but Sallymae witnessed my accident. I was surprisingly calm. That is untill I saw the split nail. It was a stale loaf of sourdough that caused the slip. I heaved pressure on the hard crust and sawed back and forth. The knife slipped like a guilitine and the blood gushed like a popped water baloon. After we wrapped it tightly in a bandade my finger gave off a swift steady pulse. The sight of the bread, the knife and the blood made me loose my appitite for the rest of the day. We closed and I went home with a box of 4th of July sugar cookies. I wasn't even tempted to try one.
After an injury you realize how amazing the human body is. My finger throbbed with pain as I felt the cells racing through my body to heal the wound. How do they know to do that? My nervouse system kept me from flexing my finger by emitting a sharp pain everytime I tried. How does it know my finger can't properly heal if I attempt to excersise it? My finger begged for pressure to keep the blood from spilling out. Even now I feel the aid of a steady pulse. How intelligently made my body is. What a thoughtful and precise creator I have. My five year old sister came to Mom last night with a question, "Mom" she said crawling into bed. "If people dont believe in God, than who do they think made them?" It's plain even to a five year old that humans were created and inteligently designed.
Happy Fourth everyone. Remember our greatest freedom is our freedom in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment