This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Like A Baby Without A Diaper


Spent the afternoon baking these! They're a little gritty because I added coffee grounds  straight from the can.  Next time I may grind the coffee a little more before adding it!  While baking, I took a taste of batter just to see how it was.  The bitter taste was no surprise in light of the smell.  Vanilla.  It's the one ingredient I forgot. With chocolate chip cookies, I never use the recipe.  It's engraved in my mind like a signature on a painting. But now and then I forget something, like vanilla.  A cookie without vanilla is like a flower without a smell, a diver without a splash, a baby without a diaper!  Well maybe not the baby, but definitely the flower. Vanilla gives off such a delicious scent that my sister and I use to take a whiff just for fun. Since the coffee smell was so strong and bitter, I put in a whole tablespoon of vanilla extract. Don't ask me, but that could be as risky as putting diesel fuel in a your mini cooper!  Though they came out fine, I'll grind the coffee a little more next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment