Some people wake up in the morning and say this is going to be the best day of my life. I wanna look back on each unpromised day and say, this was the best day of my life.
This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Skyline Cupcakes
Today was wonderful. Yes the clouds were beautiful and the weather was perfect. But that's not what held my smile when I arrived at work. The first thing I saw when I walked back to clock in was a pink box of cupcakes. I leave for college next week and my coworkers decided to have a goodbye party! Red velvet with cream cheese frosting, chocolate with peanut butter and good old vanilla on vanilla. It was such an uplifting day. I bagged sweets, helped costumers, and swept floors. I love helping costumer who are about to leave on a long road trip. They need sweets or bread for the road. I always suggest muffins. They don't crumble like scones do. When I'm packing a sandwich for someone on the go, I get so excited. They are someone I don't even know, but somehow I am a blessing to them by making and wrapping their sandwich. It's kind of a motivation to make it the best way I can. But the costumers I like best are the one's buying bread as a gift. They are so precise in how they want me to pack it. The jam they want wrapped in paper and bagged first. The cookies they want placed in a paper bag with the largest one's on the bottom. I love when little kids come in. They stare threw the glass at a chocolate chip scone biting their bottom lip with anticipation. I slip on a glove, grab the biggest one in their view, and slip it into a brown paper bag. The paper crinkles as I carry it over to the register. Mother pays. She grabs her bag of bread and hands him the scone. And they disappear out the door. People come and go so quickly that I sometimes help the same costumer in the same day without knowing! I think I'm going to miss helping costumers when I leave for college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment