This is me

This is me
I'm a writer, reader, musician, and baker. I enjoy long walks, coffee shops, and book stores.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How's that for inspiration?

It's a hot day and I'm sitting in traffic.  The air is on but the car won't cool off.   The windshield is a magnified glass cooking me like an omelet. The traffic lights plot to trap me.  My car creeps along the road and passes a 40 mph limit sign.  Why is it so crowded?  Time would tell.  So I thought.  Time lied.

My sister and I went out shopping because I had the day off.  Little did we know, everyone else in Indianapolis had the same idea. Cars were lined in every which direction making me feel like a gumball in a jammed machine. Then a saw it, a little frozen yogurts shop: Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt.  Now I wish we had stopped and tried some.  It was only this summer that I discovered how wonderful frozen yogurt is.  It's the yogurt shop experience that makes it fun.

Just down the street from Great Harvest is a Yogurts shop.  I pass by it everyday contemplating whether or not I should make a stop.  Turns out the yogurt would come to me. One of my coworkers brought in some one afternoon right when I needed it. Swirled beautifully in a pink cup were two delicious ice cream flavors: cake batter and cupcake.  I slowly ate the creamy goodness, savoring each cool, sweet bight. I would much prefer working at a cool fro yo joint all summer than a hot bakery.  Speaking of cool, the 2012 Olympic games had one of the coolest things I've ever seen.



A double amputee from South Africa raced in the Olympic stadium. How's that for inspiration!! I can't get enough of the games.  Each night of watching swimming, track, or gymnastics sparks a desire to do hard things.  It's at the Olympic games that I see the impossible become possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment